Top 3 Ways to Remove Excel Password Efficiently
We all trust Microsoft Office with our most important documents, spreadsheets, E-mail and presentations since it allows users to set passwords for preventing their important Office files from opening or modifying etc. After we have learned how to easily set password for Excel, here I would like to share some knowledge about remove Excel password with you all if you think you have decided to enable others to view or edit your files or you just have got bored entering password or password again when opening files and then you can remove Excel file password to give them full access.
To remove Excel worksheet password, if we know its password, then it turns quite easy to make it. Below are some ways to delete different types of Excel passwords.
Method 1: Remove “Password to Open” or “Password to Modify” from “Save As”.
Both “Password to Open” and “Password to Modify” require users to enter password when open the spreadsheet. If you don’t think these 2 kinds of password should still be there, then follow the below steps to remove them:
- Step1: After open the target spreadsheet the click the Microsoft Office button and then click “Save As” next.
- Step2: Click “Tools” and then click “General Options”.
- Step3: When the “General Options” window prompts, you will see the “Password to Open” or “Password to Modify” or even both of them with asterisk. All you need do is just to clear the asterisk. Next click “OK” and then save the settings and exit.
Method 2: Remove “Protect Worksheet” or “Protect Workbook” from “Review” tab.
These two types of passwords are set to protect the worksheets in your important Excel spreadsheet from being changed, modified, deleted, added, or hidden from unauthorized access. If you want to remove these passwords, you can follow the below:
- Step1: Open the target spreadsheet and then click “Review” tab.
- Step2: Step2: Select “Unprotect Worksheet” or “Unprotect Workbook” option, next in the pop-up password box type the “Protect Worksheet” or “Protect Workbook” password. Then just click OK to end.
Method 3: Remove all types of passwords when you forgot them with “Excel Password Recovery Professional” tool.
This is a special case when you forgot the password for your Excel spreadsheet. Both method 1 and 2 require a password when removing it. While if the password is forgotten or lost, one should take some professional Excel Password Recovery tool to decrypt it.
Speaking to the tool to recover forgotten Excel password, I here humbly recommend “Excel Password Recovery Professional” which is a powerful tool designed to both remove and recover forgotten Excel password quickly and easily. If you show large interest in such tool, you can visit this website to learn how to remove Excel password with Excel Password Recovery Professional with minutes:
Related Article: How to Remove Excel Password after We accidently Lost it?
Buy generic Artane